Ronald.McDonald House Charities® U.S. Scholarships
RMHC® of the Philadelphia Region, Inc. grants approximately $83,000 each year to college-bound high school seniors from the Greater Philadelphia area based on academic achievement, community service and financial need.Scholarship programs include:
RMHC/Future Achievers®, which awards thirteen (13) $1,000 and two $5,000 scholarships to African American high school seniors.
RMHC/Hispanic American Commitment to Educational Resources® (HACER®)*, which awards thirteen $1,000 and two $5,000 scholarships to Latino high school seniors.
.*Students who apply for the RMHC/HACER® Scholarship will automatically be considered for one of four RMHC/HACER® National Scholarships awarded through the support of the McDonald’s Hispanic Operators Association. These students will be eligible to receive $100,000 payable over four years ($25,000 per year), provided that the student can provide verification of enrollment each year at an accredited institution providing post-secondary education.
RMHC Scholars®, which awards thirteen $1,000 and two $5,000 scholarships to local high school seniors.
RMHC/Asian Students Increasing Achievement® (ASIA®), which awards one $5,000 and nine $1,000 scholarships to local high school seniors.
General Eligibility Requirements
To apply for an RMHC scholarship, a student must:
• Be a high school senior
• Be younger than 21 years old
• Be eligible to attend a two- or four-year college or university with a full course of study
• Be a legal U.S. resident
• Live in a participating RMHC Chapter’s geographic area
• Submit a complete application and all required documentation by the deadline on the application
• Meet any additional eligibility requirements outlined by each scholarship program
• Verification of enrollment each year at the student’s accredited post-secondary institution
Click here to see our 2013 Scholarship Winners. Congratulations!